Regardless of whether the itself movie is good or bad — A lacrosse movie is good for the sport
Yeah — Lacrosse is back.
The Ohio State Buckeyes played well enough to win last night versus Detroit. It’s early but they do need to improve if they expect to make a run for the NCAA Tournament.
Logan Schuss and Brock Sorensen had dominant games. Mr. Sorensen also contributed 5 ground balls. And Freshman Jesse King had a great game and is making his presence immediately felt! Shawn Kaplan — Keep winning those faceoffs!
I have no association with this company. I just thought it was a great shirt…
I was headed to take my dog for a run to the local dog run in Melville, NY.
I stopped at Dunkin’ Donuts for a coffee and ran into the parents of Nortwestern’s Beatrice Conley. What a great couple. They had driven down from upstate NY to go to the game at SUNY Stony Brook.
The week before, I was at the Men’s Lacrosse Quarterfinals at Hofstra. I happened to sit with the parents of UNC’s Women’s Coach Jenny Levy. Boy does her mom know the sport – the men’s and women’s game. The Cortland Women’s Lacrosse coach, Kathy Taylor, stopped by and say hello. (Shout out to Kathy: Congratulations on being named SUNYAC Women’s Lacrosse Coach of the Year.)
The passion and enthusiasm of people involved in lax is great. It’s still a relatively small community. Whether it’s the men’s or women’s game, there is a certain passion about the game.
While it is great the sport is increasing its popularity and geography (Denver in the Men’s Final Four ???!!!#$#$!!) there is still something special about the size and intimacy of the small community.
Final Four today!
- I hope Adam Ghitelman plays “emotionally solid”. He needs to be clean and not make any careless error. That does not mean he should be conservative; that’s not his game. He just needs to use his head. Take some risks but be wise.
- Hey UVA — game plan — Go to Steele Stanwick. Go to Steele Stanwick. Go to Steele Stanwick.
- Denver’s Mark Mathews is a beast. No one can physically stop him 1 on 1. They need to have the ball on his stick, have everyone slide, and then find the open man. He’s a beast.
- The Denver kids are in good shape. Altitude factor?
- Maryland seems like a team of destiny. I would not bet against them.
- I’m still wishing Hofstra was still in it.
- Duke has 6 All-Americans? That’s hard to bet against. Justin Turri, Zach Howell , Tom Montelli, CJ Costabile. Jordan Wolf, Robert Rotanz
- Now wait a minute. Maryland has 8 All-Americans? Brian Farrell ,Brett Schmidt, , Ryan Young, Joe Cummings , Grant Catalino, John Haus, Curtis Holmes, Max Schmidt
- My pick? Primarily, I’m rooting for the Long Island kids. Otherwise, I have no clue.
For those of you who missed being at Hofstra, here are a couple of nice video summaries of the games. Thank you to HuntVA.
* * *
* * *
* * *